The Leftist argument for “diversity” is always a normative and moralistic one; you are somehow “better” for engaging with blacks and supporting “diversity” despite the higher probability of being criminally victimized. Therefore, the morally correct thing to do is to ignore the probability.

But utilizing probability is a rational response to facing circumstances with incomplete information. Game theory, polling, medical research, health and safety policies, etc. all rely heavily on probability.

Long ago I realized that the “odds” were simply not worth it when it came to race relations. Blacks are about 13% of the population —- but there is nothing, literally NOTHING — that I either need or want that I cannot get from the other 87%. I suspect this is true for many if not most whites. White “diversiphiles” are simply engaged in narcissistic moral preening to flatter themselves.